Thursday, October 6, 2016

Jesus be my floatie

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:29-31 (NIV)

How strong is your faith? What is it that will make you try anything knowing that whatever you try, you can’t fail? It’s the feeling of knowing that you’re exactly where you’re supposed to be, you’re in the will of God and as long as you stay there, you will succeed.

Recently I was on vacation and we were at the beach, and my grandson who is 2 was completely terrified of the water and the sand. I mean he would not stand in the sand or get his feet wet. Even when he was being held he would cry hysterically. My daughter forgot to bring his floaties so I went to the store and picked some up for the next day. My daughter was convinced that he still wouldn’t get in the water. But we put them on him anyway. We went back to the beach, and believe it or not, they made all the difference! He was no longer afraid of the water. In fact he loved being in the water so much that when it was time to go, he didn’t want to leave and cried to get back in the water! I said to my family, who knew that 2 little floaties could do that. It got me thinking about life and how we struggle with faith on a daily basis. We all have moments when we don’t want to get in the water or even put our feet in the sand because of fear. Fear is very powerful, real and it can also keep us from God’s best if we don’t use His Word as our floaties and realize that if He put the dream in us, He’ll do His part, and we need to do ours. Don't just sit back and say 'I'm waiting on the Lord" Faith without works is dead, If God told you to do something, then do it. I understand that having faith can seem so easy, but with so many thing coming at us blindsiding us, our faith sometimes falters, and that's okay. But don't live there. Have your moment, then get busy! You've got a lot to do! 


I want to challenge you today to not give up even in the face of adversity. When you’re terrified, turn to your life-jacket. The Lord Jesus and even when it still seems impossible, just remember, nothing is impossible with Him to those that believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment