Thursday, October 20, 2016

Don't leave the game until the timer hits zero!!

You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. 19 You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor. - Job 11:18-19 

We’re in the midst of college football season, and everyone has their team, and it’s a crazy time especially here in Tennessee. A lot of people follow the University of Tennessee Volunteers, and while I don’t follow them, I was flipping through the channels one Saturday and saw that they were losing 20-3. I am a sports fan, so I had heard the reports about them being the underdogs and that they had an 11 game losing streak going into the game against the Florida Gators. The expectation for their win was extremely low. I don’t know about you, but if I’m going into something and everyone around me expects me to lose, that doesn’t really give me the confidence I need to come out on top. In fact, they were booed off the field by their fans at half time. I can’t imagine how the players felt in the locker room. But I CAN imagine the coach and how it’s his job to inspire his team even though it seems all hope is lost. He probably gave them one of the most inspirational half time speeches ever. And guess what? It worked! Because they came back and won that game! I was shocked! But then Lord spoke to me about us Christians giving up before we should. The Vols could have easily came out for the second half and just rolled over, but they didn’t! I know there have been times in my life when God has given me a promise and when it was taking too long, or not going as I had planned, I want to give up and just say forget it. My mind monsters start telling me that maybe I was wrong about the promise, maybe God didn’t promise it. Maybe I just wanted it so I told myself it was from God and it really wasn’t. But I’m here to tell you that if you feel that way, do NOT believe that lie! If God put that promise in you, then He will bring it to pass. Don’t let those mind monsters have control. Do what you need to do to stay in it and not give up! God will give you the grace you need. Just ask Him. The Bible says that if we hold on, we’ll be lifted up on wings like eagles. That’s His promise to you.


My challenge for you this week is that when you feel like all hope is lost, do what the Vols did. Don’t roll over and give in to your fears. Come out fighting and you will have the victory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment