Friday, January 29, 2016

Forgive? The struggle is real

Galatians 6:7-8

Do not be deceived. God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit will reap eternal life.

Do you feel like you always have to get back at the person who wronged you? Do you have a tough time forgiving? If that’s you, then the above verse should give you a wake-up call. We reap what we sow. Think about everything you did or said yesterday. Was it good or bad? We are reaping and sowing all the time. Good or bad. Makes you think doesn’t it? If you are constantly sowing bitterness, laziness, harshness and unforgiveness, that’s what you will eventually get in return. The verse above says that you will reap destruction. I know I don’t want to find out what that means. Most of us know someone who is negative. They never have anything good or positive to say, they’re always complaining and you never know what mood to expect. They are just miserable. I don’t even like being around people like that, let alone living that kind of life myself.

Choose to be like the second half of the verse. I choose to sow kindness, patience, encouragement and love. This doesn’t mean I’m perfect and I never get upset, believe me I do. Sometimes it takes a while to get to the forgiveness part, but I get there. I will not live a miserable life. I want to please God.


My encouragement for you today is that you sow great things so that you can reap great things. Treat people how you want to be treated. Show them respect. This will please the Spirit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment