Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Year = New You

Psalm 25:15 The Message (MSG)
 If I keep my eyes on God, I won’t trip over my own feet.

Happy New Year!! I love this time of year. The holidays have always been my favorite. My excitement is escalated about the upcoming year. I know that 2016 will be my best year! What am I going to do to make sure of that? I’m getting out of my own way. I am a control freak to some degree. There are certain situations in my life that I’ve wanted total control of and I’m finally ready to do what Psalm 25:15 says and keep my eyes on God. God is my source. He is my plan. He is my everything. I’ve surrendered situations to Him, but then I pick it right back up if it’s not going the way I planned. But right now, I’m tired. I’m tired of going in circles. I’m tired of not having all of the Promises God has for me. I’m ready to stop letting Satan get in my head and I’m tired of believing his lies! I’m not the only one. I have many friends who feel the same way I do. I’m not saying that my life is terrible, because that’s not true at all. In fact I consider myself a blessed woman. But there are things I’m believing God for and I want it!

I encourage to take the same steps. It’s time to leave the past behind. Whatever is going wrong in your life doesn’t have to be permanent. Put your trust in the only one who can help you. Keep your eyes on God and he will do what He promises.


I want to put forth a challenge. When you are making your resolutions and thinking about what you want in the New Year, pray about it. Keep your eyes on God so you don’t trip over your own feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment